Sunday, April 15, 2012

Which picture book touched your life?

The silver slippers book was the picture book that touched my life. Many books from my childhood i remember reading, my parents read to my brother and i a lot as children and encouraged us to read and enjoy reading from a young age. This book was my favorite book and would read it with my parents and grandparents until it was so worn out that it was falling apart and had to get  new one. I think i got this book at the book fair at our school when i was in or K-2 school and probably only wanted it because it was about ballet and because it came with a small necklace of silver ballet slippers. I remember reading this book over and over with my parents until i could almost recite the entire book to them. Something about this book made me happy, it might have been the subject of dance, and the pictures which i loved how they were drawn! This book is all about conquering something. I think i enjoy the message of this book as well. A little girl did not think she was a good enough dancer even though her parents reassured otherwise, so the little girl put in practice time and her parents bought her silver slippers on a necklace and the little girl did very well in her dance recital. I like the book for the message it conveys "good things happen when you believe in yourself" growing up i was always the tallest girl in my class, and for that reason was sometimes picked on in the younger grades-i usually just brushed it off but i think it hurt my self esteem. I think this was one of the main reasons my parents really liked this book for me. I don't know where my copy of this book is, but i loved and still continue to love this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment