Sunday, April 8, 2012

Poetry EDU 307

Growing up i loved shel silverstein poems the most! i had books of his poetry and i used to read them all the time! my favorites are:





I partially liked his poems but i also enjoyed the illustrations he puts into his books!



As for my own poetry-i don't really write poems in my free time. Being in a sorority there are certain times when we have to write little poems for a sister or little sayings. I've written a few that were sufficient for the occasion. 



It makes me hurt to see you leave,

But I will never forget what you’ve taught me

We've gone through a lot together through the years

Sometimes laughter and sometimes tears



I'll always be there for you,

Even after we’re grownup

I’ll always love you my big sister



You are my sister,

And my very best friend



You are a part of my life,

And never will you ever leave my heart.

All the times we've shared together

Our hearts will never part.



Don't let anyone take my place as your lil sis,

They'll never change our years together.

But even if they do just

Remember we’ll be big and little; sisters forever





I’ll love you all through life

I'll never let us part,

Because you'll always have that special place

that only a big sister can have that’s right here in my heart. 


Another poem i had to write for a sorority function about my sister-





My little sister has a generous and loving heart

She is funny, caring, and smart

I love her so much as only a big sis can

When life gets rough I’ll hold out my hand

Big and little sisters forever you and me

Together forever and always that’s how it’ll be

from the moment we met I just felt a connection

and as your big sis I will always be here for your protection

you’re driven, a leader, accomplished and kind

sweet, beautiful, and DPhiE refined

A special branch on my family tree you will be

Smiling in pictures right here next to me

A big sister hug, plenty of surprises and laughs

A shoulder to cry on, and adventures on many life paths

I love you little sis, and I hope you love me too So little sis-won’t you be my Delta Mu?



basically the only poetry i have written has been for sorority and for my sisters. 


My sister is my heart
she lights my darkest days
with the sparkle in her eye.

my sister is my past
i have memories only we can share
she remembers, she forgives
she accepts me as i am

my sister is my strength 
she helps me find my smile
my sister is like no one else
she is my most treasured friend

she is my rock, my inspiration,
though impossible to define
in a word-she is my sister.

1 comment: