Tuesday, April 24, 2012

307 Last Free Write

The end of the semester is usually a very stressful time-as this semester comes to a close i have to admit that i've never been more stressed out in my life thus far. Not only is there a lot of work to complete between my EDU classes, especially my 312 and 309 classes. In 312 we have an integrated unit, and in 309 we have a child study. In addition to a good 40 pages i'm in the process of writing i am finishing up my fieldwork at the elementary school. I have completed all of my hours but haven't taught my 3 lessons yet. April vacation at the school was last week, but i was told by administration it was the week before, therefore my lessons were pushed back because of this mistake and miscommunication of information. In teaching my lessons i will be doing on thursday and friday i have a lot of planning to get done for them.

I am completely done with projects, papers, and lessons for this class (EDU 307) which is good that i had time to get it done ahead of time, however, i still have my paper for 414 to finish which is honestly stressing me out because i'm stuck a little bit in how i want to organize it. I have some good ideas but no real direction for it because i haven't had time to sit and think about it to map it all out. 

The end of the semester is a stressful time for college students-getting work done and wrapping up the year. Being a residence life employee (Resident assistant: RA) even more stress has been added to my life. The end of the semester is difficult for me, but i've been through it many times before. However, my residents (the majority of them freshman) have yet to go through finals and move-out time. in addition to helping my residents get through their finals as one of 10 RA's in my building i am required to check out residents that are moving out during finals week-sitting at the front desk of my building for a total of 35 hours the week of final exams. Residents that are moving out of the building during finals will move their things out, and come downstairs to the front desk to let the RA's at the desk know that they need to be checked out of their room. RA's will grab the appropriate paperwork and go to the residents room with them to collect their key and fill out the forms. each shift is 3 hours and each RA has 30 to 35 hours of desk sitting to check out residents from the building. After residents are completely out of the building on friday of finals week RA's clean the rooms and inspect the rooms so that we too can leave for summer vacation. In addition to all of this i need to find time to study for my finals, pack my own room up, and clean my own room to move-out the day after all residents on campus have left. 

I am also coordinating relay for life for my sorority's chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon and planing a final community service project for my sisters. FIguring out if everyone is registered, making sure there are enough tents for sisters to sleep in and much more is a headache and a half but i know once this weekend is over, it will be better!

to say i am stressed is a complete understatement. I know i have been stressed before, but for some reason this semester is just killing me slowly. The upside is that it will be over in 3 weeks and the summer vacation will be here. A summer full of 4 summer classes, and working 60 hours a week. Not much of a break, but i'll take it for a change of pace at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment