Friday, March 9, 2012

Blog Post 414: Free Write-Stumble Upon

The internet can be a great resource as well as a place to kill time or distract yourself if you're a procrastinator. I myself, don't procrastinate- but sometimes you can get lost on the internet and kill an hour.
A friend told me about a website called "stumbleupon" stumble upon is a website where you can get random web pages based on the interests you input.I put traveling as one of my interests and have been stumbling upon traveling places! I love to travel-i didn't get on an airplane until 2009 and i was a junior in college. My older brother was graduating from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott Arizona and my family flew out there to see him graduate. After flying to Arizona in 2009, in 2011 i flew to florida with SCSU habitat for humanity. After taking these trips it has made me have the itch to travel ever since. I want to teach during the year and travel during my summers. A few of the places i want to go to:

-California
-Florida
-colorado
-Nevada
-North Carolina
-South Carolina
-michigan
-minnesota
-Arizona
-Ireland
-Italy
-Greece
-norway
-Austria
-Australia
-England, london
-Canada
-Oregon
-France
-Netherlands
-stonehenge
-Chicago
-Switzerland


Stumble upon website: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2oGtWA/consumerist.com/2010/08/10-tips-for-first-time-travelers.html/

tips for 1st time travelers! good information to know!

I want to travel during the summers and take tons of pictures and collect artifacts to bring back to my classroom to make my classroom a culturally enriching environment!


No comments:

Post a Comment